Who we are
Actionable Intelligence Network (AIN) is a conference development company based in the state of California in the United States. We organize both in-person and virtual events. Contact information: Email: email@example.com Tel: 310-995-6889
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for an event, respond to a survey or opt in to our mailing list. You may be asked to enter your name, job title, organization, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information (if you are registering for a conference). You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
You may provide personal information to us through the Services when you sign up for, order, subscribe to, or make use of any of our Services, consult with our customer service team, or communicate with us in any way.
We may also collect personal information, such as your contact and professional details, when you take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
In most cases your provision of personal information to us is entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to provide certain Services or information to you.
The personal information you provide may include:
- Contact Information: When accessing or subscribing to our Services, you will be asked to provide certain information, including contact information (such as name, address, email, or telephone number), and professional information (such as job title, department, or job role).
- Financial Information: If you are paying for any of the Services, we may require you to provide credit card or other financial information in order to process a payment from you. You should never provide detailed credit card information directly to AIN via an unsecure form (such as email).
- Transaction Information: We will maintain a record of your purchases, transactional information, your Services history, and usage. We may also retain your communications with us and our responses.
- Partner Products & Services Offered on the Services: Third parties, such as our partners, sponsors, or advertisers whose services are promoted or advertised on the Services, may request that you provide personal information.
- Research Surveys: You may elect to provide information in connection with research surveys in which you participate.
- Emails to AIN: If you send us emails, you should be aware that any information provided in an email may not be secure or encrypted and therefore may be available to others. Please exercise caution if you decide to disclose any personal or confidential information to us in any email.
- Job Applicants to AIN: When applying for select job postings at AIN, we will ask you to send us your resume or other relevant information online.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please send an email with the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full contact information in the email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided, on a limited basis, to select partners for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). Our Services are directed at a general audience and not directed to those under the age of 18. AIN asks that minors not submit any personal information. AIN does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age and if we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that individual’s personal information from our systems.
Links To Other Websites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Under the California “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), California residents may opt-out of AIN’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Any California resident may choose to opt-out of the sharing of such personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides certain rights to residents of California. This notice refers to the collection and distribution of personal information in our Privacy Notice. Terms used but not defined shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the CCPA.
Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
This Act provides California residents with specific privacy rights, including:
The right to access and disclosure. You have the right to request, twice during a twelve-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
CCPA also gives California residents the right to opt-out of having their personal information sold, and the right to request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
We need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident, you may exercise your rights or authorize another person to act on your behalf by contacting us. We may need to verify your identity before we can fulfill your request.
Please note that AIN cannot delete personal information in those situations where our retention is required for our internal business purposes or otherwise permitted by CCPA (such as for fraud prevention or legal compliance). In these situations, we will retain your information in accordance with our records retention program and securely delete it at the end of the retention period.
Additional Notice To Residents Of The European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Data Protection Rights
You may request access to or ask us to correct, update, or delete your personal information. You can update account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. However, if you don’t have an account with us or want to contact us directly about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information or changing your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time by contacting us and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
However, we will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, content, and services; ensuring the security of the Services; and conducting marketing activities.
If you have signed up for the Services on your own behalf, we may need your personal information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
Where required by law, we will collect your personal information only where we have your consent to do so.
Please contact us if you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information.
International Data Transfers
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States (including in the EEA), please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are an EEA resident, you may exercise your rights or authorize another person to act on your behalf by contacting us.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 310-995-6889